EARLY DIAGNOSIS IN COLON CANCER SAVES LIVES!
Robotic Surgery can be preferred as an application in the treatment of colon cancer and experience in this regard is very important. Since 2012, I have been treating colon and rectal cancer with robotic surgery on suitable patients. The most important way to prevent colon cancer is a diet rich in fiber and a colonoscopy performed at regular intervals.
ROBOTIC CANCER SURGERY
MEDICAL SECOND OPINION
+90 533 239 32 81
Robotic Colon Cancer Surgery
Da Vinci Robotic Surgery in Colon Cancer Surgery
Colon Cancer is the third most common cancer in men and the second most common in women. Usually it has an insidious course. Especially if the rectal bleeding complaint is attributed to hemorrhoid and endoscopic examination is neglected, the disease can only be diagnosed in its advanced stages. It is most common between the ages of 50-75. Cancer is mostly seen in the left colon.
Robotic Surgery can be preferred as an application in the treatment of colon cancer and experience in this regard is very important. Since 2012, I have been treating colon and rectal cancer with robotic surgery on suitable patients.
Laparoscopic Surgery is the operations in which small holes (trocars) are opened in the abdominal wall using laparoscopic surgical instruments. It has an experienced team and large case series, especially in reflux surgery, bariatric surgery, colon surgery, and particularly difficult laparoscopic surgeries (patients who have had open surgery before with intra-abdominal adhesions, overweight, acute infections, etc.).
The surgical team, who has experience in Robotic and Laparoscopic Surgery applications, can perform all laparoscopic operations with robotic surgery. With the development of robotic surgery, the use of robots is increasingly common in the treatment of surgical diseases. In many surgical applications, robotic surgery has ensured the successful performance of challenging manipulations in narrow areas thanks to the image quality and perfection in the use of surgical instruments.
And Everything to Know About Robotic Colon Cancer Surgery
- Familial Factors (Inheritance)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn)
- Environmental and Nutritionary factors (Fat, Poor Nutrition of Sediment etc.)
- In left colon involvement, ileus findings (intestinal obstruction) may develop.
- In tumors of all levels, there may be complaints of rectal bleeding and anemia.
- Survival rate has been increased with early diagnosis.
- It should be proven firstly that especially those who have rectal bleeding over the age of 40 do not have cancer. Large intestine radiographs and / or colonoscopy should be performed on these patients (Monitoring of Large Intestine with Camera).
- Cancer screening laboratory tests (ca19-9, cea) can be used.
- Tomography and ultrasonography can be used for diagnosis according to the condition of the patient and the disease.
- Depending on the location of the disease, a part of the large intestine is removed so that no tumor tissue remains.
- If the disease is diagnosed endoscopically at an early stage (in the polyp stage), endoscopic treatment can be provided without the need for surgery.
- Large intestine cancers mostly spread to the liver, if the spread in the liver is limited (if one lobe of the liver is involved and is less than 5), liver resection is also added to the operation (removal of the diseased part).
- Depending on the condition of the disease, the patient may need post-surgery chemotherapy.
- Up to 100 colon and rectal cancer cases are treated annually.
- With the pre-operative radiotherapy we apply in rectal cancers, both the rate of complete post-operative treatment (cure) increases and the need for stoma (creating an opening for the colon through the abdomen) is greatly reduced.
- With the method of total mesorectal excision (excision of the intestinal lymphatics completely and systematically) in rectal cancers, tumor eradication and longer life expectancy can be achieved in the long term.
Advantages of Robotic Surgery:
To be able to perform major surgeries with minimal incisions on the patient.
Minimal blood loss due to the sensitive movements of surgical robotic equipment and the ability to control bleeding well.
Less pain due to small surgical incisions.
Very short hospital stay with rapid recovery after surgery.
The difficulty of open surgery in obese and overweight patients was eliminated with Da Vinci robotic surgery.
It is superior to open surgery and laparoscopic surgery with equipment that can offer better view and dexterity.
A very clear distinction of the surgical area thanks to the 3-dimensional view and the camera with manageable-augmentation feature.
The ability of robotic arms to perform all the functions that human hands can do thanks to the movement style similar to the human wrist.
Unintentional tremors of the human hand are not seen in robotic surgery.
As a result of the surgeon performing the surgeries sitting, increasing the comfort of the surgeon and eliminating the physical stress in long surgeries.
Operations in Which Robotic Surgery is Used Most Frequently:
Gastrectomy >> Gastric Cancers Sleeve
Gastrectomy >> Bariatric Surgery
Splenectomy >> Splenic Diseases
Paraoesophageal Hernia Surgery >>> Gastrocele/ Reflux Surgery
Right / Left Colectomy >> Right / Left Colon
Cancers Pancreatectomy >> Pancreatic Cancers
Low Anterior Resection >> Rectal Cancers
Single Port Cholecystectomy
Stomach and Inguinal Hernia Surgeries
Rectal Prolapsus Surgery
The word gastrointestinal means digestive system in Latin. Therefore, it describes the part from mouth to anus. However, today it describes the alimentary canal, stomach and small intestine surgery and hernia surgery. Especially stomach cancer and stomach diseases are the main topics. Half a century ago, gastric ulcer surgery was among the most common surgeries, but today it has become almost impossible to do with the discovery of very effective stomach drugs. However, with the improvements in life expectancy, and the increase in the elderly population and the use of painkillers, gastric ulcers and complication surgeries due to gastric perforation are increasing.
The colon, which is the hollow organ that occupies the largest part in the abdomen, has been neglected by us physicians for years. Recent studies and discoveries show that the colon is very effective not only in defecation, but also in our immunity and psychological state. In addition, it causes one of the most common cancers in both sexes in humans. It is estimated that this incidence will increase with each passing year. Industrial nutrition and increased chemicals on foods stimulate the development of colon cancer.